tangentwoman

Monday, July 10, 2006

Random thoughts as I stumble around the house

Before they had a kid, our friends used to talk about enjoying nights when they'd just stumble around their apartment drunk on a Tuesday or whatever, because they could. I've taken a page from their book, apparently. I brought home some salmon to grill, and the Smelmooo and Tucker and I had a nice dinner outside with a bottle of white wine, and I stood up to bring my dishes inside and I nearly fell over. So I'm obviously feeling chatty, so here we go:

-- I read on another blog that there's a new technology that can prevent drunk dialing. Boy, would that have come in handy about five years ago! But nothing in the works, it seems, for drunk blogging, sadly.

-- I can't believe I forgot to write about how the Smelmooo and I finally got to eat at our local Red Robin last week! It was a long haul, but I, for one, feel that it was worth the wait. We had delicious burgers and bottomless fries, and I had the yummiest chocolate shake I've had in a while.

-- Pirates Two is getting an awful lot of flak for being inferior to the first installment. I agree it wasn't as good, and I felt a bit let down by the ending, but I enjoyed the ride. It wasn't Shakespeare, but it was a fun time, and I thought that hamster wheel was the coolest thing ever. I agree it was a bit long, and, again, the ending felt a little unsatisfying and cheap, but it was a fun movie. I was surprised by how orange and puffy Keira Knightley's face seemed to look; I generally think of her as fairly pale and completely scrawny all over, so it was odd.

-- In addition to watching my DVD of the first season of Felicity, I'm also watching reruns on the WE network, which runs this ad almost constantly about the many meanings of the word "Hey" on the show. The lead is, "Felicitology 101." But it's the only effing one that they do -- they don't do "amazing" or any other commonly used word; just "hey." If you're gonna do a whole Felicitology campaign, go on with yer bad selves, but if it's just one word? Not so cool.

-- Three years ago this week, the Smelmooo and I got engaged. It's weird, because I just found out about a 25-year-old acquaintance who just got engaged, and my initial reaction was, "My god! She's just a baby -- what's the hurry?!" And then, of course, the Smelmooo and Minnams both pointed out that I, too, was 25 when I got engaged. Almost 26, and I'd just turned 27 when we got married, but still. I don't know if I just recognize that I've always been an old soul or what, but, how quickly I forget.

-- While exfoliating my face in the shower the other day, I discovered that I somehow bruised my left cheekbone. Not in any kind of visible way, but it hurt -- a lot -- when I put pressure on it. It's still hurts to touch it, so I have a near-constant chorus of "My face hurts" / "It's killing me!" dialogue in my head. Even half a bottle of wine doesn't help.

2 Comments:

  • Great blog - we'll have to make sure to get you some more wine. ;)
    I think it's so funny that you commented on Keira Knightley's face, because I made the same comment to Seth after the movie was over (Not to mention how super sickly skinny she is looking these days).
    Leslie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

  • This blog is great! I love buzzed blogging! Definitely have to get you more wine more often!

    I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean last weekend and I couldn't get over how skinny Keira Knightly looked. I kept thinking she was going to break a bone by walking around, or something.

    Thanks for the fabu blog. I really enjoyed it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home