tangentwoman

Friday, June 17, 2005

Random things about me

Largely inspired by "85 Things to Know" from Karchamb's blog, but knowing that I'm probably too lazy to come up with 85 things:

-- Movies I watch every single time I stumble across them on television: Office Space; Dirty Dancing; A League of Their Own; Envy (I know...); The American President; The Breakfast Club; Can't Hardly Wait (I know!); Never Been Kissed; Mermaids; that godawful The Shape of Things.

-- I don't own (or, if I do, I can't find it) a belt. It's a huge problem, especially if I lose weight or my jeans aren't newly washed. This bugs the Smelmooo to no end, and I can't believe that buying a belt is not on my 101 Things in 1001 Days list. Dammit.

-- I don't have a gallbladder (but I have a full-color video of its removal, if anyone's interested. The Smelmooo has seen this, and married me anyway, bless him).

-- Extreme temperatures make me very, very crabby.

-- Jenny-from-Africa's husband calls me "sniper-nice" and "a dork at heart" (as opposed to the other option, which is "a jerk at heart"), both of which are pretty accurate.

-- I abhor the phrase "pick your brain"

-- I eat ice cream almost every day, and often more than once a day. I'm sure I can't keep this up forever, but it makes me so happy. I recently began eating our new carton of mint chip with this nearly-fat-free vegan fudge sauce -- seriously! who knew? -- and it is unbelievably yummy.

-- I almost never care about brand loyalty, and with most things I'm just as happy with generic products or whatever's on sale, but off-brand Oreo cookies are just inedible to me. The Smelmooo recently told me he feels the same way about Hellman's mayo.

-- No matter how many times it's explained to me, I'm still never sure whether to use "bring" vs. "take," or of the difference between "complex" and "complicated."

-- Patience is a virtue that I lack altogether.

-- I am definitely not a girly-girl, but I recently discovered that I hate mowing the lawn, and as a child I was completely obsessed with gemstones and any type of jewelry (and I might not have lost it entirely...).

-- My oldest sister taught me to make omelets when I was seven. I hated omelets, but I would make them for the whole family on the weekends, as head chef of "Louie's Diner" (my mom and dad met at a dance, and the music was really loud, and when my mom said her name is Millie, he said, "Louie?"). My other sister and I made up song and dance routines to entertain our patrons as they ate, and we both still remember all the lyrics. We were really weird kids.

-- Despite its numerous shortcomings, I have an inexplicably strong love for my Jetta, and I'm sad that they've revamped the design, because now I don't want another one when my current car dies. Boo.

-- Because it's such a nice day, I think I'm going to cut out of work early. Hooray!

4 Comments:

  • Tangent:

    MY SISTER AND I USED TO DO THAT TOO!!!! Well, we liked gymanstics and dancing, so we'd play an album and put together total gymnastic floor routines, complete with dancing and the coming to the corners to tumble stuff! We also had a pretty good balance beam routine, but whenever dad was home, he'd yell at us to get off the back of the couches (we had a couch and loveseat that formed an "L" shape) and stop "jumping off" the end of the couch onto the floor! He didn't appreciate our olympic potential! :)

    Also, congrats on the sack race. You Rock! :)

    By Blogger Jenn, at 4:33 PM  

  • Only until a recent need for a brown belt presented itself, I had 1 belt. My collection has now increased to 2... woo-hoo!

    By Blogger barbara, at 4:06 AM  

  • Didn't EVERY sister pair do that??? My sis and I had a great dance worked out to Octopus's Garden by the beatles... I still remember a few steps... :)

    By Blogger KARCHAMB, at 9:15 AM  

  • I saw the gallbladder surgery as well. She forgot to mention that the best part is when it gets sucked out through her bellybutton.

    -Shari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home