tangentwoman

Sunday, June 05, 2005

98.95 in 985

So I'm making a teensy bit of progress on my 101 in 1001.

I've watched one of my 20 movies, Sunset Boulevard, which the Smelmooo found on cable. Our friends have lent or offered to lend several others, so this one should go fairly quickly, or at least I should be able to watch everything well within my February 2008 deadline. But for now, one down, which I very much enjoyed; there's something about old Hollywood movies about old Hollywood that I just love.

Next off the list was #101, which was to eat a fried Oreo at a street fair. The Smelmooo and I were in New York yesterday to see Hairspray on Broadway, and 7th Avenue was closed off for blocks and blocks with all kinds of vendors (I got a $2 pair of earrings in addition to the Oreo). So we each got a fried Oreo, which was unbelievably yummy, but probably I won't ever have another one. It just sort of sat like a rock in my stomach, and I can't imagine how bad it is to eat any kind of deep-fried anything, but I was glad I tried it once in my life.

As we were roaming around the city (which was fun; we spent a lot of time in Central Park, although much of it was in search of a bathroom, but I'd never actually been to the part with the carousel before yesterday), I realized I wished I knew what kinds of exhibits were at MOMA, and none of the pamphlets at the Visitors' Center had anything about it, and I was so mad at myself for letting my New Yorker subscription lapse. So that's another one off the list (#29), as I signed up for a two-year subscription today.

I have a bunch of travel coming up for work, so maybe I can tackle some of the reading-related items on the list this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home