tangentwoman

Thursday, May 19, 2005

An "aha!" moment

It seems like every time the Smelmooo and I have been in the car during the last couple of weekends, the song "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. And we sing along, as we do with pretty much every song on Big Joe Henry's show on NJ 101.5 on the weekends, and then we completely stumble over a line that we simply cannot decipher.

Finally, today, exhausted from last night's U2 concert (which was amazing, but I am getting way too old to stay out so late on a school night, particularly with a puppy who gets back at us for abandoning him by waking us up at 5am) and unable to focus on the journal article I'm supposed to be writing, I found the correct lyrics here. The site's title comes from the misheard lyrics to a Jimi Hendrix song, but I actually found it by searching "The girl with colitis goes by," which I remember from the Baby-Sitters Club books is a common way of hearing "the girl with kaleidescope eyes" in "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."

Anyway, once I got there, I searched on (ew) "douche" and, voila! The actual Blinded by the Light lyrics:

Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night

So there you have it.
I need another Diet Coke.

1 Comments:

  • wow.

    I still says he is sneakily saying douche and giggling every single time.

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home