tangentwoman

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Life is good

My oldest friend in the world, Christopher, is finally back in the States after three-and-a-half years in El Salvador, first with the Peace Corps and then with an NGO. It makes me so happy to have him back, even though I haven't seen him yet and who knows where he'll end up. But knowing that he's nearby, at least for the foreseeable future, makes me immeasurably happy.

In related news, my dear friend Jenny is back (or en route, at least) for a two-month visit from Tanzania, where she and her family have been living for almost a year. I can't wait to see her and her little girl, who's just over 16 months and who I'm sure has grown and changed remarkably since I saw her in October.

So hooray, and welcome back, and also Happy Birthday to Christopher, who turns 28 today, which means we've known each other almost 18 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home