tangentwoman

Friday, June 09, 2006

Strike two

When are we going to learn to call ahead? The Smelmooo and I again tried to go to the new Red Robin near our town, and from across the street it looked like it was open for business. But alas, it was not meant to be. I made whimpering noises when I realized they're still not open; I'd been so looking forward to a big greasy burger all day long.

Instead, we went to another chain restaurant and ordered burgers there. Our server was one of those, "I don't need to write it down; I'll remember it all with perfect accuracy" guys. And, of course, my burger arrived with a thick layer of Burger Sauce.

I politely pointed out that I'd asked for my burger without the sauce, and could I please have a new one. The server gave me an, "Oh, really? Sorry about that. I'll take care of it," and headed back to the kitchen.

I knew it couldn't be good news when he was back in about two minutes with my plate; I lifted the burger and, sure enough, signficant Burger Sauce residue. Which is even worse than the repeated offense at Crapplebees with the scraping the cheese off my chicken sandwich; this was just a big, gloppy disgusting mess, and they didn't even appear to make an effort to hide the fact that they just ran the burger down the side of a wall or something to get rid of half the sauce. At least pretend to make me a new one.

So back it went, and over the manager came, and he couldn't have been nicer; he comped our whole dinner, and brought me cheese sticks while I waited for my new burger, which came out piping hot and perfect. Except, I'm sure, for a big wad of semen or something, but at least they hid it well. Yeesh. Red Robin, Red Robin, please don't foresake us again!

2 Comments:

  • I know just how you feel about having your mind and heart set on a particular item or type of food for dinner and then finding out the restaurant is closed or you're actualling going somewhere else!

    UGH, I hate that.

    By Blogger seth, at 9:32 AM  

  • It was great seeing you and Smelmooo on Saturday night! Sorry you had such an awful burger experience. Hope your dinner at Main Street Bistro was better! Or at least the company was nice to have... =)

    By Blogger barbara, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home