tangentwoman

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What I learned on my summer vacation: Day Four

-- The premise of the movie Iron Eagle, as slurrily told by a drunk, drunk, drunk man.

-- I don't completely hate asparagus, all of a sudden.

-- I suck at mini-golf, but I enjoy it anyway.

-- Mac and cheese is yummier when it's made with gemelli pasta instead of elbow macaroni.

-- The Smelmooo is a big liar-pants, but I was delighted when he showed up at the beach house mid-afternoon, rather than late evening. Vacation is a lot funner with him around.

1 Comments:

  • I just had to tell you I had a similar asparagus revelation recently. Why is that? I think it's maybe because the kind my mom used to make us eat was from a can, and it was absolutely nauseating. I couldn't stand to look at it, even. But now, when I realize that normal people who aren't terrible cooks (my mom has many talents, but cooking is not one of them) make it the way nature intended to be eaten -- sort of steamed, in its natural form, with butter (not boiled beyond recognition) -- it is actually not half bad. Go figure! Hope you're enjoying the beach -- Abby (G.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home