tangentwoman

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What I learned on my summer vacation: Day Three

-- For all the times I've watched portions of 10 Things I Hate About You on television, I'd never, until tonight, seen the first five minutes. I can't believe how young Gabrielle Union looks in this movie, and what a bad performance the actress who plays Bianca turns in, and how awful her white pants are.

-- I should never, never fiddle with technology. I am fairly certain that I single-handedly wrecked every device in the little theater room of the beach house, except the function that allows one to play X-Box with surround sound. But DVDs with both sound and picture at the same time? And satellite TV of any kind? Not happening.

-- "Bunghole" is an actual, proper word. The things one learns while playing Boggle.

-- People look at my mother a little strangely when she wears her Grover t-shirt in public. I got it for her at least 10 years ago, at the now-defunct Sesame Street store, and I love that she wears it, and she's disappointed that she can't find another one in case this one gets stained or faded. She joked today about us either putting it in a museum or auctioning it off when she dies, and then my sister pointed out that we should bury her in it to lighten things up at the wake.

-- Edy's makes an ice cream that tastes almost exactly like Cherry Garcia, but it's Pepto pink, and the cherries have a slightly stickier consistency; I think that those characteristics might be deal-breakers, but I suppose I can make do in a pinch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home