tangentwoman

Thursday, June 29, 2006

What I learned on my summer vacation: Day Five

-- Sand crabs on the beach in North Carolina are perfectly camouflaged as they scuttle along the sand. It's really remarkable, and a little creepy.

-- The anticipation of building a sand castle is more fun than the execution, which requires quite a bit of work.

-- I enjoy the brotherly banter among the Smelmooo, my brother and my sister's husband. It's as though they grew up ragging on each other, they do it with such aplomb.

-- Inadequate supply of Rice Krispies treats can throw kids into fits of tears and whining. I disagree that the appropriate response to such bad behavior is, "Okay, I'll make another batch, then!" as opposed to, say, "Suck it up," but there you have it.

-- My niece is a rat. When she and her parents and siblings arrived at the beach house this morning, the first thing out of her mouth was, "It took us longer to get here than we thought because we got a speeding ticket. I really have to pee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home