tangentwoman

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Knit one...

...and, that's it. We learn purling next week.

I finally started my knitting class last night, after having the first session canceled in September and having work conflicts when they rescheduled it in November. So I was extra-happy to show up last night and find six other women in the class and a goody bag filled with yarn, needles, and an incredibly unhelpful handout that ostensibly illustrated everything the beginner knitter needed to get started.

There were two of us duking it out for the worst-in-the-class distinction, but I think I pulled out a win by the end of the class, or certainly by the time I got home and managed to undo eight rows of knitting, leaving me with only about two and no idea how to get more started. I may be worse at knitting class than obedience training.

But, despite kind of sucking at it, I actually enjoyed the class, and I can see how people find knitting relaxing. I did not personally find it relaxing -- I found it terribly stressful -- but I can imagine that if one day I get the hang of it, I could fall into a rhythm that would lead me into a Zen-like state. Here's hoping!

1 Comments:

  • You are a cutie... it is only stressful because you let yourself get stressed.

    Once you get the hang of it... you know you will be great at it... much like you are at everything.

    YH

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home