tangentwoman

Saturday, February 17, 2007

That's outta hand!

So, we made it to San Francisco, and we even made it in time for dinner on Wednesday (no 10 hours on the tarmac for us, thank goodness), and we've been having a wonderful time.

Today, we went down to Fisherman's Wharf (yes, Shari, we had In-N-Out!!), and went to the NFL store where the Smelmooo had his picture taken with the Raiderettes the last time he was in SF. We were poking around the store separately, and all of a sudden I was face-to-face with ROB LOWE. I had to do a double-take -- I didn't really know if it was him until I heard him talk (not to me). I was completely startled, because he is so handsome in person, but also so normal-looking and normal-acting. He was a little scruffy, wearing a long-sleeve t-shirt and jeans, just hanging out I think with a non-famous brother and his kids. They were playing with those bottle-openers that play college team fight songs, and whatever one they played, Rob said, "We should get this for Chad!"

I so desperately wanted to say hi, or hug him, or take a picture, or quote St. Elmo's fire near him, but all I could muster was a smile, which he returned, and I nearly died. I just didn't want to interrupt his day out.

The Smelmooo got a blurry picture from far across the store, and another when he emerged from the store wearing a brand-new Colts hat (his niece or whoever was wearing one, too), before heading down to the ice cream shop for dessert. I wanted to follow them and send something to US Weekly -- Stars are just like us! They get ice cream on Fisherman's Wharf! -- but again, felt like he should just be left in peace.

A bunch of stars from Battlestar Galactica also were at the Wharf, doing a scheduled appearance where it cost $25 for a picture and an autograph, but I don't know them, so that was much less exciting to me.

So, a big day. I don't know if I can take much more excitement!

5 Comments:

  • That is a quality sighting! I'm so jealous! (And I miss you, too.) I do think Rob is so handsome, and followed his career through St. Elmo's and Class, for heaven's sake, and I loved him on West Wing although I got the impression that he was a bit difficult on the show. But you make him sound nice in this sighting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

  • mmm....sam seaborn...do you watch brothers and sisters with him now? last week he made a reference to how he always liked demi moore...tee hee...

    glad you're having fun! say hi to the smelmooo.

    By Blogger m, at 10:15 AM  

  • Yay In N Out!!! I have loved Rob Lowe forever even though my mom used to say he had AIDS. Since he was on the West Wing though, she's had a total crush on him....and no longer thinks he has AIDS.
    -Shari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 AM  

  • SO awesome...I don't know if you know that St. Elmo's Fire is one of my all-time favorite movies and one of the few that I can quote verbatim, so I applaud your restraint in not having gone up to him to utter something like "I think what we have here is a bit of self-created drama" or "You break my heart...but then again, you break everyone's heart." I do not know that I could have been equally composed.
    :) XOX Abby

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 PM  

  • SOOOOOOO jealous!!! In-N-Out and Rob Lowe on the same day!!!

    By Blogger hyb, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home