tangentwoman

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The daily grind

For most of January, most of my days looked like this:

Wake up, exercise, battle traffic, eat breakfast, meetings, meetings, meetings, meetings, maybe lunch, meetings, meetings, meetings, meetings, battle traffic, eat dinner, collapse on couch, stumble into bed.

Or, a few times: wake up, catch 5:58 a.m. train to D.C., meetings, meetings, meetings, arrive NJ at 8:03 p.m. (barring any unfortunate run-ins between the train and a deer), dinner, bed.

But since Friday, my days have looked like this:

Wake up, eat breakfast, exercise, sit on ass at pool or beach, drink, eat, nap, drink, sit on ass, read a few pages, take a quick dip in the pool or the Caribbean Sea, drink, eat, drink, drink, bed.

And it has been glorious. And, despite a usual ban on TV during vacation, I've even caught snippets of Groundhog Day and Clueless (on the treadmill this morning -- I felt embarrassed to be watching it, until the woman next to me turned her TV to Clueless after catching a glimpse at my screen, and the next woman watching Striptease when she hopped on).

I guess if it weren't for a hectic worklife I wouldn't appreciate vacation so much -- although it's especially delicious right now given the beautiful, warm sunshine here, and the bitter cold at home, to which I am not psyched about returning tomorrow -- but boy do I sometimes wish we could win the lottery so every day could be filled with nothing. Today, we walked around the resort's marina and fantasized about being able to afford one of those ginormous boats that sleeps a dozen people or so.

But, I'm getting almost ready to be home (except for the weather). I miss Tucker; I miss friends (Hi, Minnams! I miss you, but I do not miss work, and I haven't checked in once); I miss hot water and American Diet Coke. So, a more detailed report when I'm back and dug out from under the pile of work that awaits back home. But for now, there's more to eat and drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home