tangentwoman

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A belated year-in-review entry

I'm such a copycat, but I think this is fun anyway, to do a recap of a year via the first line of each month's blog entries. So here we go, the year that was 2006:

-- New Year's Eve was lovely.

-- I feel that it's my duty as an American to watch the State of the Union address each year.

-- Sebastian Bach + Hollaback Girl = Awesome TV.

-- This was a super-hectic whirlwind of a weekend that really kind of kicked my butt.

-- A few months ago on The Soup, the hilarious Joel McHale made a joke about some celebrity (I'm thinking K-Fed, probably, although I don't remember for sure) wherein he (Joel) pointed to a round opening in some material and said, "A hole," and then pointed for comparison to a picture of the celebrity, saying, "A-hole!"

-- I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm too lazy to do a search: at the end of the month, we're taking a family vacation to the Outer Banks.

-- Kayaking in shallow water can get very muddy and gross (as the Smelmooo pointed out, it's not nearly as romantic as the rowboat scene in The Notebook).

-- So I've been hearing a lot about this poll finding that women prefer plasma TVs to diamonds.

-- Abby is the only person who was any help at all in my quest to identify that childhood toy (one that I never had but always coveted).

-- So, lots of you have been asking where I've been and why I haven't been blogging.

-- Today, I am...a Steve Poltz song.

-- The Smelmooo and I have been doing a ton of running around the last few weeks, together and apart, so last Friday I was thrilled to see a mid-day email from him asking if I could be home by 7 to make a 7:30 dinner reservation.

You know, that's actually not as bad as I thought it'd be, in terms of summing up last year. Anyway, onward!

1 Comments:

  • Yay again, as now I can say I had some (in corporate-ease) "value added" in 2006. To someone, in some small way. :) Bring on whatever toy challenges or other puzzles you encounter in 2007! -Abby

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home