tangentwoman

Monday, December 11, 2006

A disappointing discovery

It was bad enough to have this cold and be deprived all weekend of wonderful holiday smells: our Christmas tree, all the cooking for our dry-run of Christmas Eve dinner, the baking of Shari's yummy brownies-with-peanut-butter-cups-inside (thanks, Shari -- they turned out very nicely, although I burned my finger taking them out of the oven, giving me a second giant diagonal scar across my left ring finger).

And, of course, my sense of taste was also dulled, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the food even more on actual Christmas Eve (barring continued or further illness). But, a new discovery this afternoon: Orange slices don't taste nearly as good when one has a cold. In fact, they taste BAD. Which is super-disappointing.

Fortunately, though, I've determined that Ghirardelli chocolate still tastes pretty darned good.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry about the burn. I guess I should have included a disclaimer in the recipe warning you to use a potholder. ;) Kidding, I do that all the time. It takes a few burns to master getting those suckers out of the overn properly.

    -Shari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

  • Tangentwoman, the food was delicious and you were such a great hostess despite being so sick! We hope you got to rest yesterday. So Shari is your source for yummy brownie recipes? Good to know. :)
    -Leslie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home