tangentwoman

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So many thoughts, so little time

I have a million things I want to write about: Britney and K-Fed's long-overdue divorce proceedings, the election results, my latest insane grammar fixations, the BNL concert last weekend, Faith Hill at the Country Music Awards, the NYC marathon, bonding over flu shots, Dancing with the Stars.

But first, when did Gilmore Girls turn into a freaking sitcom?! I know I've been saying for ages that I'm done, that it's lame, that I was tired of Rory and her slouching and her Logan-pining, that I was boycotting because I couldn't abide the writers' completely lack of fidelity to Luke's character last season (and Lorelai's, for that matter), that this long-lost-daughter thing was really lame, that the only good parts of the show are Paris and Lane and usually Emily.

But last night? I really think might've done it for me. What was that ending?! What was the date with the swim coach? What was the point of the whole April-forgetting-her-lunch bit? And did I mention that ending?! Sitcom, sitcom, sitcom. Blech. I just can't. I really think I'm done, and I might mean it this time.

I'll probably read the recaps, and I'll tune in for the series finale, to see if Lane and Zach have their baby and live happily ever after, to see what happens to Paris, to see if they tie everything up with a nice little bow and have the Girls marrying their annoying rich boyfriends in a double-wedding or something. But otherwise, I think I'm officially done. Who's with me?

3 Comments:

  • But Rory's hot....

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 12:34 PM  

  • I'm kind of with you. Last night was pretty infuriating. Especially since I don't get home until 9 anyway, so then I have to watch the Tivo'd version, delaying precious election results drama for me. I mean, Suki and the vegetable dilemma?? REALLY?? And April asking Lane if she is OK...I figured she'd be having a miscarriage or something, obviously that's foreshadowing, right? But nothing comes of it. And really, really, really would Luke have ever called that awful woman proactively? Give me a break... **SIGH** It's a sad day when I can't even look forward to my Gilmores.... :( --Abby

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 PM  

  • I hated it. I keep doing the same thing and I was watching it thinking, "why do i watch this show? what happened to this show?" So I don't know. I think I'm done too. I don't think I can handle a marriage of Lorelai and Chris. I think they killed the Lorelai we all know and love--and I want her, and my beloved show back. NON-PALLADINOS!

    -Shari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home