tangentwoman

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Scattered thoughts on a Thursday

I am all kinds of random this week. Not that that's a huge departure from the norm, but super-random. And I think Minnams and I are feeding off each other; yesterday morning, we had a ten-minute discussion about the story arcs of Dawson's Creek and Felicity, appropos of pretty much nothing. I don't seem to be able to form a coherent thought this week, so some scattered thoughts:

-- I showed up to my knitting class on Monday night to discover that too few people had signed up and they were postponing the session until November. Which is a drag, and I can't even do the November session because of work travel conflicts, so who knows when I'll actually start learning to knit. And I totally jumped the gun by crossing it off my list before officially completing it.

-- On Sunday, my sister had a family gathering to celebrate the August/September birthdays of my niece and nephews. It was a whole lot of family this weekend, but it was good to see the kids. My sister organized a three-legged race, which was hilarious. My other sister and her husband were ridiculously competitive, doing practice runs all around the yard, when the competition was limited to: (1) our five-year-old nephew tethered to his three-year-old brother; (2) our sister-in-law tied to her five-year-old son and (3) a pair of seven-year-old girls who'd never done a three-legged race. So the practicing and the gloating were really a little misplaced, it seemed, but it cracked me up.

-- I am disproportionately sad about the death of Anna Nicole Smith's son, disproportionately delighted that Whitney and Bobby are getting divorced (I'm especially looking forward to the coverage on The Soup tomorrow night), and completely uninterested in Britney's new baby.

-- I can't believe that Buckwild left Flavor of Love. I'm so done watching that show.

-- I can't believe I keep getting sucked into Dancing With the Stars, to the extent that my heart actually pounds during the elimination announcements. What is wrong with me? I'm not even particularly rooting for any of the contestants.

-- Last thought for the moment on the new fall TV season: I am still loving my Ellen, but not so psyched that she dances for like five seconds before heading into the first commercial break. I almost always fast-forwarded through a portion of the dancing, but I liked the order of the opening segments much better in earlier seasons. Not a deal-breaker, but between losing DJ Tony, changing up the theme song and messing with the format, I'm not quite as smitten this season.

-- The leftover ice cream cake from my birthday party gets better every single day. I will be so sad when it's all gone.

Wow. I really am sort of brain dead, huh? This entry makes me sound completely vapid. I'm hopeful that it'll be short-lived.

1 Comments:

  • I'm pretty sure that the mere fact that you used the word "vapid" pretty well negates the idea that you are even remotely brain dead.

    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home