tangentwoman

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Weird science

I'm so not a cat person, in part because I'm terribly allergic to most cats. Now I guess I'll have no choice but to focus on the other part: I just don't like 'em, hypoallergenic or not.

But something about the production of a hypoallergenic cat is just icky and weird to me. I don't have a similarly squicky reaction to Labradoodles or whatever, where they've gotten the allergens out of dogs through creative breeding. And I don't know enough about either the hypoallergenic cats or dogs to know whether it's basically the same gig, but the way this has been portrayed in the media coverage, this cat seems more sinister and Frankensteinian than just, "Hey, if you cross a poodle and a whatever, the result is something with less dander and shedding!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home