tangentwoman

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Holiday hangover

I'm not literally hungover -- although we drank a TON on Christmas Eve, and the Smelmooo and I sucked down a bottle of wine on Saturday night during a hilarious dinner at our favorite Thai place, and I had a few glasses of wine on New Year's Eve -- but I still have this draggy, full, mildly fuzzy feeling from the last couple of weeks.

I did myself no good by going out last night and gorging myself on skewered meat , but I thought it'd be nice progress on my unspoken new year's resolution to be more spontaneous to accept a last-minute invitation for dinner on a school night in Philadelphia. So unlike me! So one step forward, but then a giant one back on the unspoken "Exercise moderation" resolution as I gobbled my way through seven different kinds of meat.

Sometimes I do make real new year's resolutions, but this year, I figured, what with the before-I-turn 30 rush to get stuff done, and the other list, I have a pretty hefty to-do list for the year, so I've just sort of half-assed it this year, with vague thoughts of "huh, I should do something about that."

But today, I am just grateful that I've not yet made good on my unspoken "Quit buying pants that don't fit, because you never, ever actually get them tailored" resolution, because, in the wake of all those holiday indulgences, it feels good to be wearing my two-sizes-too-big pants.

1 Comments:

  • ah...the brazilian bbq. i LOVE that stuff!

    happy new year to you and the smelmooo (and tucker)!

    By Blogger m, at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home