tangentwoman

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I could not be more bummed

I know; I know -- I disappear for ages, and then I pop up again only to say, "wah, wah, wah," and you don't want to hear it. But:

The Smelmooo and I had these grand, ridiculously long-standing plans to head to San Francisco tomorrow morning, tacking on a couple of extra days to the front end of his work trip to head up to Sonoma for some wine country tours, a fabulous dinner and a cute little hotel before heading back to San Francisco on Thursday in time for the Smelmooo's meetings.

And, despite looming reports of crummy weather, when I checked in for the flight this morning, everything seemed to be in order.

And then, around lunchtime, we seemed to be booked on both the 7am flight and the 3:55pm flight.

And then, it became clear that our flight was canceled, and that our grand plans were kaput. No day of wine country. No fancy dinner.

Boo.

And, I know -- I'm totally spoiled, and I should quit my whining. I just had a free, amazing vacation to the Dominican Republic, three weeks ago. I still get quality time with my hubby in San Francisco, one of my favorite cities, where we've never been together, and where I've been dying to go with him for five years. We will eat yummy burgers while we're there. I will pose for cliched photos at Alcatraz and with the sea lions.

But, still, I can't help feeling disappointed.

2 Comments:

  • I'm sad for you missing out on wine country but yay for In N Out!!! Have a safe trip, whenever you go.

    -Shari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 AM  

  • I hope my mom is able to kick her drug habit and get a job, that way we can have heat in our apartment and food other than stolen catsup packages.

    Sorry to hear that your trip to SF may be delayed and that your drinks in the Carribbean were not frothy enough. I will not sleep knowing you have suffered such.

    Signed,
    Camden Boy
    (10 years old, unable to read, haven't had medical attention in 5 years, teeth rotting out, dad unknown, saw kid got shot yesterday outside house, will likely become a drug lord lookout next year.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home