tangentwoman

Monday, February 26, 2007

Making me smarter

My ninth-grade English teacher would be so proud of me, that I've now taken to reading my New Yorkers with a pen in hand so I can look up the words I don't know. I found the little card tucked into my bag from the plane ride back from San Francisco, and looked up "antediluvian" and "chiaroscuro." I have a terrible vocabulary, really, for an English major. I chalk it all up to peaking too soon -- in eighth grade, I had an insane vocabulary for a 13-year-old; now, I have a middling vocabulary for an educated person pushing 30.

2 Comments:

  • "pushing 30" and here I thought it was well in your rear-view mirror ;-)

    By Blogger seth, at 7:57 AM  

  • when you said "chiaroscuro" i read "churrasco", and thought, well, she sure as heck knows what THAT means. so, oops, my bad. i guess that misreading is just as bad as not knowing. maybe worse.

    By Blogger m, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home