tangentwoman

Friday, July 14, 2006

My mind, it is in the gutter

For whatever reason, there was a lot of spontaneous singing tonight during our little poker gathering (I nearly doubled up! Very exciting). There were variations on Have Nagila and The Gambler, among others, but pretty much everything going on in the room was fair game for a song.

I suddenly busted out with "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco," which my sister and I used to dance around to all the time as kids -- I still have the Sesame Disco album we played on the hi-fi. And, junior year in high school, we were responsible for running freshman orientation, and we made the ninth-graders dress up like Cookie Monster and do a little Saturday Night Fever stroll around the auditorium to "Me Lost Me Cookie..."

Anyway, as I was singing, everyone was sort of staring at me, not only because it was super-random and I have a terrible voice; all of a sudden, I realized that it could be construed as a really dirty song. I'd never, ever thought of that before, but really? Dirty.

When it became clear that I only just discovered the double entendre, everyone made fun of me, and I believe the line of the night was something along the lines of, "Wait'll you really think about 'She-Bop.'"

1 Comments:

  • I had the same thing happen to me. I was singing that song from the Electric Company, "I want to Sleep with your Sister, that Dirty Little Minx" when someone pointed out that there are folks out there who might be offended by my innocent children's song from the sea.

    By Blogger ArtieLange, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home