tangentwoman

Friday, April 04, 2008

Today, I...

...got completely discombobulated at the 7-11 when I realized that they were out of The New York Times.

...got drenched by the rain, and got my finger pinched in the dispenser, when I got the newspaper out of the machine at the train station instead.

...enjoyed 90% of my job, and decided I'm really good at 90% of my job (there's roughly an 80% overlap between the two).

...realized that an 8lb., 11oz. baby is reeeaaaaaaaaaaalllly big for someone as teensy as M.

...slipped on the floor of a public bathroom, skidded into the wall, and banged the hell out of my knee.

...ate a scrumptious soft pretzel.

...couldn't help smiling at the guy next to me on the train, who was laughing aloud fairly regularly as he read a Harry Potter book.

...realized that if you look really tired and are wearing a business suit, or if you have ginormous breasts and are wearing a really tight, low-cut top, you are less likely to get carded at the liquor store, no matter how young you look.

...wondered if maybe I've finally really started looking old, and can't blame it on the tired eyes and the suit.

...felt, and am feeling, remarkably happy and grateful to be home, in my jammies, eating Thai food and watching mindless television with my little family.

1 Comments:

  • hahaha I agree with you!

    Love,

    Porker's Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home