tangentwoman

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thank you, thank you

A little belatedly, a list of some of the things for which I'm thankful these days:

-- A much-needed four-and-a-half-day weekend.

-- My two favorite guys, the Smelmooo and Tucker.

-- My whole family (minus one brother-in-law, sadly) sitting around watching The Year Without a Santa Claus post-Thanksgiving meal, with all of the adults singing and dancing to the Heat Meiser and Cold Meiser songs, and the kids giving us withering looks to knock it off.

-- Learning something new about the Smelmooo every time I visit my in-laws for a holiday.

-- The stranger at Macy's who gave me her $10-off coupon while I was in line behind her on Saturday morning, on the second leg of a rare shopping binge for me, during which I got last-minute accessories to wear to Mike & Nicole's wedding that afternoon, along with a bunch of home stuff for our Christmas Eve dinner.

-- Mike getting all teary and mushy as he watched Nicole walk down the aisle.

-- The DJ who actually played "Forever in Blue Jeans" two minutes after I requested it.

-- Amazing friends who love me (or at least tolerate me) even when I'm a drunken idiot scarfing Doritos, insisting on taking a million pictures with them, telling them how much I looooooooove them because they're soooooooooooooooo awesome, and just generally being a jackass.

-- Time healing all wounds, or at least the physical effects of being a drunken idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home