tangentwoman

Monday, November 14, 2005

All I have to do is dream

I took the day off last Friday, which did wonders for me. The Smelmooo also had the day off, so we lazed around in the morning watching Arrested Development, went to the gym (where we saw Matt Lauer in Croatia, right where we were on the last stop of our honeymoon cruise, and then Anderson Cooper guest hosting on Regis and Kelly -- life does not get much better!), and then took Tucker on a road trip to the Jersey Shore. Just a lovely, relaxing day, followed by an evening art exhibit where our friend sold her first photo (woohoo!) and where we ate about a million pigs-in-blankets.

Saturday, we had a super-yummy dinner at Makeda with Seth and Leslie, followed by a farewell-to-Jersey gathering for Gina and Jack, who I hope made a smooth transition to the dark side of Staten Island yesterday.

I think that all the excitement, coupled with the stress of the earlier part of the week, and probably most of all the food, gave me some crazy dreams this weekend.

I won't go into the details, but some of the recurring themes and images that pop up fairly regularly in my dreams are puzzling to me. I often have the teeth-falling-out dream, which I'm told means I fear change, and that one makes sense, but here are a few that don't turn up in the dream interpretation book that's somewhere in our library:

-- Fairly regularly, I am back in college for the start of a new semester, but it's almost never the actual apartment we lived in, although it's some mix of the people I lived with or near during senior year. I'm always totally stressed out and dreading the new semester and having to deal with everyone's nonsense and keep the peace without driving myself crazy. Okay, I guess this is fairly self-explanatory now that I actually write it out, but it's not in the dream book specifically.

-- You know those little yellow cups with long green straps that were featured on Romper Room and in my kindergarten classroom? They're pseudo-stilts, kind of, and you walk around with your feet on the yellow things and hold onto the green things? Those pop up all over my dreams, for some reason.

-- I often find myself on the edge of a lazy river -- not quite a waterslide, but a water thing where the little inflated tubes move more gently around -- that I think was at this little resort in Florida that we visited when I was a kid. But usually that's the backdrop for something else; I'm not actually in the water or on a tube; I'm having a conversation at a table or hanging out on the side with my feet in the water.

Amateur therapists, discuss. I'm just glad that the Smelmooo and I are already married, because the pre-wedding dreams where my dad showed up late, straight from 18 holes of golf, or when the DJ didn't play our first dance song until 10:30, were kind of grating, although I was always grateful that none of those dreams involved the Smelmooo not showing up.

------------

Someone got here by searching: huge wife

2 Comments:

  • I have dreams about the lazy river, too, only I'm usually in the water and floating into secret passageways and new imaginary lands. People have told me that water dreams are sexual in nature, but I don't believe that. I think those water dreams are just happy floating along dreams, and I wish I could program them the same way I wish I could program celebrity date dreams.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  

  • I have dreams too... and they involve the Lottery Tickets that I just bought....

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home