tangentwoman

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Scattered thoughts on a Tuesday

-- I am loving, loving, loving the fall weather, and the leaves crunching underfoot, and the sunshine, and the way the air smells this time of year.

-- I heart Barack Obama, and I hope he's our President one day. Although yesterday someone very cynical pointed out that he has so much charisma and charm, and he's so handsome, that it'll be impossible for him to stay on the straight and narrow with all of these people throwing themselves at him. I have more faith in him than that; don't let me down, honey!

-- I should trust the staff in Thai restaurants who tell me that "medium" is actually really, really spicy.

-- I'm continuing to love Friendster, through which I was able to track down my best friend from childhood, who's now living on the west coast and who seems to have changed her first name because I think that she's trying to break into acting (she's now an associate producer of some sort). It's weird reading about her life and looking at her friends and trying to reconcile that with the pigtailed girl with whom I made up a secret language, took family vacations, played on the swingset and in the woods, made friendship bracelets and shared the halves of multiple "best friends" accessories (I had the ST NDS side of the necklace heart, but the BE FRIE of the earrings, so it was even and neither of us was consistently the "butt half"), . Even after we'd grown apart a little bit in junior high and high school, she totally backed me up at a ninth grade dance when this jerky older boy blew me off; it was kind of inappropriate, her screaming profanities at him, but it made me feel better, and that's what best friends do. But, sadly, I don't think we'd want to be friends with each other today, which is okay, but it's weird to me that someone who was once my soul sister now seeems sort of Nicole Richie-ish.

-- It's Election Day! Everyone please go vote. I was the eleventh person to vote in my district an hour and a half after the polls opened. And I'm horribly embarrassed to admit that I was so flummoxed by and fixated on the whole lesser-of-two-evils governor thing that I cast my ballot without answering the public questions. I just totally forgot to check the boxes. So, please, realize that there are voters out there even stupider than I am, and that it's your duty to make up for the rest of us jackasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home