tangentwoman

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A giant bundle of stress

I burst into tears in the parking lot of our newly-reopened favorite pizza place tonight, not because I was happy they've rebuilt (although that's true), but because I thought I'd left my wallet at the office. And I got home, and burst into hysterical sobs as soon as I got out of the car.

It's been one of those weeks.

I won't go into it, because it's boring and also work-related, and since Minnams has shared her blog with a boatload of people at work I suspect that work people have found me through archived comments there and read my blog, too, in secret.

But the upshot is that today was my only day in the office this week, and I'm out all next week, which is always somewhat stressful, but today the work just kept piling on and piling on and piling on, and all of it was last-minute and high-priority and separately all of it would've been manageable, but taken together, it just put me over the edge.

And the wallet was what I call an "I broke a bowl" moment. I don't even remember the details anymore, but when I was a teenager, I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and decided to make cookies to make myself feel better, but when I put the two sticks of butter in a bowl to melt in the microwave, I guess I squished them in too tightly, and the bowl broke. And I lost it, completely, sobbing in a heap on the floor, gasping and crying, and, when my sister came in to see what was wrong, all I could do was moan, "I broke a bowl! I broke a bowl!"

Anyway. I walked inside, and the Smelmooo was incredibly patient with me, and gave me huge hugs, and let me snot all over him, and we ate delicious pizza, and there's a lull in the work so we're going to watch My Boys, and all will be well. Right?

2 Comments:

  • Aw. All will be well. We will have obscene amounts of pancakes and chocolate chip cornbread tomorrow and then send you off on a well-deserved vacation. Hang in there!
    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

  • Big hugs :) Hope you've rested and are feeling much better!

    By Blogger hyb, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home