tangentwoman

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Out of ideas

I heard this morning that Shrek is getting turned into a musical. I recognize the business sense of doing so, given how successful other animated-feature-turned-Broadway-shows have been (although I sort of think The Little Mermaid tanked), but really? Have we reached a total saturation point where there is nothing new under the sun? It seems like every play and every movie is based on something else, or is a sequel, or a spin-off.

Not that I've had any brilliant ideas for a book or a show or a movie, but it'd be sort of nice if someone did.

2 Comments:

  • M suggested we go to Shrek to celebrate my birthday next year. I told her no way, I have to draw the line somewhere. I hope she was kidding.

    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

  • of course she was kidding.

    i agree - i don't really like what is happening with broadway lately. i LOVED the lion king, but that doesn't mean that every good film, disney or other, should be turned into a broadway musical.

    By Blogger m, at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home