tangentwoman

Sunday, June 01, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?

I know it's a little hard to see here, but our office just began stocking these cups on Friday. I always use a mug from the probably-defunct pretzel stand Hot Sam for my water at lunch, and a big plastic turquoise cup from the dollar store for my Diet Coke, so I tend not to use the disposable cups. But on Friday, I was sitting across from Minnams at lunch, at a fairly large table, and became singularly focused on this stupid cup as the conversation swirled around me. As Minnams pointed out, it's like a switch I can't turn off, the grammar nerd thing. And, really, I like and support what the cup is trying to tell me, but what it actually tells me makes my teeth itch.

1 Comments:

  • There are others like you who can't turn their grammar switch off:

    http://yetanotherbloomingblog.blogspot.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home