tangentwoman

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

If Rory Gilmore were real...

..can you imagine what an amazing year she'd have had, covering the Obama campaign? Really, I never, ever would have believed that he'd be the nominee. In fact, I remember posting something about the campaign sometime last year (maybe about John Edwards staying in despite Elizabeth's cancer? About which I was overly judgmental at the time, for sure), and Mara posted a comment to keep an eye on Obama, and in my head I was like, "Pffft...I like Obama, and maybe one day, but he's way too green to be a viable candidate."

But here we are, and I'm pretty psyched. I am terrified that he'll choose Hillary as a running mate, in part because I worry a little that she would pull a Tonya Harding, and in part because I agree with Jimmy Carter that that pairing would potentially turn off more people than it'd bring in. Yes, Obama needs a running mate who'll appeal to the same types of voters that Hillary was able to attract in the primary, voters among whom he was weaker. But why Hillary herself? And I'm still not entirely convinced that she could stand being Barack's number two. Maybe another high-level position in the administration, but I just don't see VP as a viable option.

Although my track record is clearly not so good in predicting political outcomes, so who knows. However it plays out, I'm excited for November (although I'm sort of dreading the next five months, with the mud-slinging and the posturing and what not), excited about the possibilities that lie ahead.

2 Comments:

  • Hillary as Tonya Harding! Genius! Bill Clinton starring as Jeff Gillooly!

    By Blogger hyb, at 2:46 PM  

  • John McCain wins by 2% taking Florida and Pennsylvania

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home