tangentwoman

Monday, June 16, 2008

Identity crisis

So, I just took a grammar quiz and got only half of the questions right, five out of of 10!!! In my head, I'm right about two additional questions (the scoring system suggests I'm being overly rigid on those two points, but that's just absurd. Me? Rigid?!), but regardless, I have to admit that stung a little.

How about you? Give it a whirl and let me know how you do.

Separately, I'm all out of whack because my People magazine did not arrive on Friday as it should have, nor did it arrive on Saturday. It finally showed up today, thwarting my theory that the universe was conspiring against me because it's the issue with Elizabeth Smart on the cover, and I suggested years ago that she was not, in fact, legitimately kidnapped, but that she was pregnant and sent into hiding for a few months. Anyway, its late arrival still screwed me up, because I had nothing to read in the hotel fitness center this morning, and I forgot headphones, and it was super-boring to watch CNN with no sound and no closed-captioning on the elliptical, and awful to listen to nothing but the sound of myself gasping for air.

I need to get myself back to Pilates, because missing my classes for the last month or so has really screwed up my endurance, I think. That, or there's something seriously wrong with me, but before I get too hypochondriacal, I'll just give Pilates another go.

5 Comments:

  • 7

    Stupid subjunctives...

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 11:07 PM  

  • I'm too embarassed to even tell you how I did on this quiz. I should apparently be in remedial English classes right now. Both my high school and college want my diplomas back.

    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • Elizabeth Smart was never pregnant. The cops & the FBI found proof that she was kidnapped. She was examined by doctors the day of her rescue & they determined that she'd never been pregnant. Besides this isn't the 50s or the 60s this is the 2000s. No one sends their pregnant teens away anymore. There's no point when teen pregnancy is an epidemic in the U.S. Besides why would anyone send their pregnant daughter away with 2 homeless psychos? Have you heard of "abortion"? Or they could have sent her to an aunt's house or to a home for unwed mothers. Besides a side-view picture was taken of her just hours before her kidnapping & she did not look remotely pregnant & everyone knows it takes at least 3-4 months for a woman's or a girl's body to recover from giving birth.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

  • I only got 4 out of 10, and I usually consider myself to be a grammar junkie! I think it must be the wee ones rubbing off on me! ;)

    ~Megan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

  • Point of fact to anonymous not identifying themself with regard to Elizabeth Smart--this is the "2000s" and yet we still have polygamy and religious zealots who condemn that procedure called "abortion." We also still have people who don't use electricity and churn their own butter. The entire country is not as evolved as some would like to believe. It's entirely possible that SOMEONE living in the particular environment, in which Elizabeth Smart lives COULD have been sent away to hide a pregnancy. Possibly even with people who, while "homeless psychos," were thought trustworthy enough to work in the Smart home. Regardless, that is not the point of this post so lets leave the debates to the good people at CNN and the like.

    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home