tangentwoman

Monday, November 19, 2007

Tagged by the Birfday Boy

My hubby likes it when I blog, and I like to make him happy, especially on his birthday. So, happy birfday, dear Smelmooo. Here's my response to your Ocho Tag (although it's weird to me that there are only seven categories. If I were Adrian Monk, I'd be super-freaking out):

8 passions in my life:
The Smelmooo
Ice cream
Family
Celebrity gossip
Tucker
Good grammar
Good hygiene
Long walks by the ocean


8 things to do before I die:
Visit Alaska
Visit Australia
Have diamond earrings
Spend a whole week without watching TV or movies (thank you, writers' strike!)
Have a beach house
Road trip across the country
Write something non-work-related that gets published somewhere other than the Internet
Go skydiving


8 things I often say:
Tucker, wanna go out?
Are you effing kidding me?!
Love you.
Good morning!
Oh, for GOD'S SAKE, will you DRIVE?!
I don't know. Let's think.
I'm sorry.
Goodbyyyyeeeeeee!


8 Books I read recently:
Eat, Pray, Love -- Elizabeth Gilbert
The Sea of Tears -- Noni Power
The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green -- Joshua Braff (Zach's brother, I found out!)
Kafka on the Shore -- Haruki Murakami
The Man of My Dreams -- Curtis Sittenfeld
The Post-Birthday World -- Lionel Shriver
Better -- Atul Gawande
Television Without Pity -- Sarah Bunting and Tara Ariano


8 songs that mean something to me:
Forever in Blue Jeans -- Neil Diamond
I'm Too Sexy -- Right Said Fred
Good Morning -- Steve Poltz
Send Me on My Way -- Rusted Root
I Will Survive -- Gloria Gaynor
If I Had $1,000,000 -- Barenaked Ladies
Feel Us Shakin' -- The Samples
When a Child is Born -- Kenny Rogers


8 Qualities I look for in a friend:
Tolerance
Sense of humor
Common sense
Intellectual curiosity
Kindness
Edginess
Dorkiness
Reliability

8 people who I'm passing this on to:
Slim pickin's, since I don't know too many people with blogs who haven't been tagged. So some of these people who I think read my blog and are tagged for the comments section if they don't have public blogs:

Shari on your MySpace
Mara on your blog that you actually update but that I haven't really read but now I will
Kelli
Leslie
Jenni
SZG
That person in Utah who reads my blog

I will leave it at seven.

1 Comments:

  • Ordinarily, I would not respond to these things. But, I feel by responding it will show you that many of us read your blog and want more of your writing.

    So here goes:

    8 passions in my life:
    Family (including pets)
    Syracuse Sports
    Wine
    Beaches
    Reading
    Cooking
    Phillies Baseball
    Movies


    8 things to do before I die:
    Write a novel
    Outlive (in years) my father and his father
    Run a marathon
    Learn French
    Visit different regions of France
    Go back to Israel
    Find a long-term funding solution for Transportation Funding -- because if I don't, it *will* kill me
    Move to the Beach

    8 things I often say:
    Instead of "meet" I often substitute "sit down"
    "Hi, it's me."
    "Hello, [my full name]" (when answering cell phone)
    "Can I help you?" (when my cat tries to get my attention)
    "Sit" (also to my cat who thinks he's a dog)
    "It is what it is"
    "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight"
    "At the end of the day...."

    8 Books I read recently (wow, really sports heavy):
    Paper Tiger -- Tom Coyne
    Three Weeks w/My Brother -- Nicholas Sparks
    Little Chapel on the River -- Gwendolyn Bounds
    The Last Best League -- Jim Collins
    Spook -- Mary Roach
    The Blind Side -- Michael Lewis
    The Miracle of St. Anthony -- Adrian Wojnarowski
    The Last Season -- Eric Blehm

    8 songs that mean something to me:
    Closing Time -- Semisonic
    Yellow Ledbetter -- Pearl Jam
    You Are the Sunshine of my Life -- Stevie Wonder
    Hold On -- Sarah McLachlan
    Movin' Right Along -- Kermit and Fozzie
    Sir Duke -- Stevie Wonder
    Don't Stop Believin' -- Fleetwood Mac (before Bill Clinton stole it from me in 1992)
    Blood -- Pearl Jam


    8 Qualities I look for in a friend:
    Loyalty
    Funny (is funny a "quality?")
    Smart
    Sharp Wit
    Kindness
    Caring
    Ability to tolerate me
    Soulful


    I am not passing this on to one person let alone 8. For me, it ends here.

    I now return you to ESPN the Ocho and their regularly scheduled programming -- Dodgeball qualifying matches.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home