tangentwoman

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Two things I learned today

(1) Apparently, you can't say "screwed" on the ABC Family Channel. Which seems sort of outrageous, because I think two-thirds of what happens on 7th Heaven reruns is way more offensive than thw word "screwed."

(2) No matter how many times I watch "Never Been Kissed," and how well I try to steel myself, I tear up at the end of the movie. It's completely embarrassing.

I also learned the origin of the word "lobbyist," but I've already forgotten it. But whatever I heard dispelled the myth that it was first used in the lobby of the Willard Hotel in D.C., so I guess I learned two-and-a-half things today.

2 Comments:

  • We are tearing up together, sister. I'm sure there are more movies like that too...I should make a list.

    J

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 AM  

  • After I posted this, I ended up watching the second half of The Family Stone, and that had me crying BUCKETS. Not gulping, heaving, sobbing (which my sister did in the theater during "My Life"), just rivers of tears.

    By Blogger tangentwoman, at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home