tangentwoman

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hang on a second

"Your call is very important to us."

I have been on hold for 21 minutes, and have been told 21 times that my call is very important to the online pharmacy company, with which I placed a prescription order almost two weeks ago. The status of said order is still listed on their web site as "Received, Verifying."

"Did you know that you can check the status of your order online?!"

Yes, I did know that; what I want to know is why it's been two weeks and you haven't even shipped my prescription yet, when in the past it's been a one-day turnaround, four days at the most if I place my order on a Friday. And I want to know whether I'll actually get my refill once my current prescription runs out, which is tomorrow. And I want to know, if you're not going to get me my refill by Thursday (which I'm thinking is highly unlikely), how I can get it at my local pharmacy without looking like I'm trying to work the system and shop my prescription around for multiple refills for nefarious purposes.

And, ideally, I'd just call my doctor and explain the situation and have him call me in a prescription at the local pharmacy, and maybe I'll end up having to do that anyway (as my emails to the online pharmacy have gone unanswered, and today is the first time all week the phone system has even allowed me to be placed in its queue for customer service, they're so backed up), but then I figure I'll have to jump through hoops with my insurance company if the online pharmacy has already processed the order. Stupid fragmented health care system.

Woohoo -- 28 minutes!:

"Hmmmm....yeah, we don't seem to have an active prescription on file. I don't really know what happened there, but, uh, yeah, you're outta luck. Sorry 'bout that; we've been a little backed up."

Maybe loop that one into your hold music, instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home