tangentwoman

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Do as I say, not as I do

A few weeks ago, the Smelmooo overheard me leading a conference call for work, which involved me briefing a bunch of people about how to prepare for their visits to Capitol Hill. One of my talking points, which the Smelmooo finds hilarious and ridiculous (I think Minnams agrees, too, and I actually always feel stupid having to emphasize it to grown-ups), is advising everyone to wear comfortable shoes.

So, of course, today I decided it'd be a brilliant idea to wear my $7 Payless thong sandals around the Hill, and my feet are hating, hating, hating me. The space in between my big toe and my second toe (would that be my index toe?) is rubbed raw on both feet, and I have pseudo-blisters on both heels. I'm so not smart.

I am hugely tempted to limp over to the Grand Hyatt and see if I can sneak into the National Spelling Bee in person, because, yes, I'm that much of a geek.

1 Comments:

  • fyi, i am constantly telling my candidates to make sure they brush their hair, clean their nails and shine their shoes before they go to an interview... you would think that would be common sense.........
    MS

    ps. isn't it time to get together??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home