tangentwoman

Monday, April 17, 2006

Smoke-free and junk-filled

Two of my favorite things about this weekend:

-- NJ's Smoke-Free Air Act went into effect, which means going to bars and hearing good music without getting all scratchy-throated and itchy-eyed and having to run immediately to the shower after getting home.

-- Lent came to an end, which meant me celebrating the holiest day of the Christian calendar by engaging in absolute gluttony:



Not the best picture, but it's a giant Friendly's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup sundae, which I couldn't even finish when I dug in at midnight on Easter. I had to eat the last third or so for breakfast on Sunday morning, and then followed it up with an ice cream cookie sandwich on the way to my in-laws' yesterday. My body hates me, but it just tasted soooooooooooooo good. And maybe now I won't feel as desperate for ice cream -- the Cherry Garcia pint that I tried to finish before Ash Wednesday is still sitting half-full in our freezer, so maybe I'm leveling out following the abstinence/binge cycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home