tangentwoman

Monday, April 03, 2006

I am old and pathetic

This was a super-hectic whirlwind of a weekend that really kind of kicked my butt. Late nights, early mornings, springing forward an hour...it all took its toll.

Yesterday, the Smelmooo and I were at his parents' house and the two of us took advantage of the good weather and tossed a football around the backyard (and my throwing improved considerably during our session, which was fun, although I still suck at catching. The Smelmooo kept trying to give me good excuses for sucking so bad: "It's okay, honey -- it looks like the sun's in your eyes!"). And then we played HORSE with his brother, using a volleyball instead of a basketball, but same idea. I sucked at that, too, but again, they really took it easy on me, and also let me be the cheerleader once I was knocked out so I still felt like part of the fun.

So not a particularly strenuous afternoon of activity -- it wasn't like the hardcore football of the Smelmooo's Birfday Bashes, and we weren't actually playing a game of basketball. I wasn't even wearing sneakers, for pete's sake, or even remotely breaking a sweat.

But today? I'm aching. My upper arms, my back: I'm like an old lady. So depressing.

4 Comments:

  • Nah, you aren't old. Regardless, you were working muscles you don't typically use in your every day life. I've been exercising like a fiend for a month and a half and yet my calves are killing me today from running up more of an incline than usual on Saturday. Its just your muscles reacting to a new activity.

    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • Nah.... she's old...

    Here's proof:

    1. She's asleep by 9ish every night.
    2. She loves an ole fella like me...

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 2:11 PM  

  • Who cares how old she is...did she get into a cheerleader outfit? complete with pom-poms?

    By Blogger seth, at 9:10 AM  

  • Seth is a pervert.

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home