tangentwoman

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A real wild child. Not.

So it's Sharico's birthday today, her 29th (happy birthday, Sharico!), and I'm going out on a school night to help her celebrate tonight, which is totally unlike me, because I'm normally nodding off on the couch by 9 or 10 and dead asleep in bed by 11. But it's a special occasion, and it's Sharico, so woohoo!

But if I were really fun, I'd be in Orlando with Minnams today. She's there for a work meeting, with mostly people I know because I used to work with them, but because I now work in a different area I can't so much justify tagging along for the meeting and expensing it. But before the meeting starts with dinner tonight, Minnams planned an outing to Universal Studios to ride the rides, and offered to let me crash with her at her hotel tonight, and even said she'd pay for my ticket to the park if I paid my airfare.

Which was a really hard offer to refuse, especially because I've never ridden the rides at Universal and the Smelmooo is not so much a thrill rides guy, so it's unlikely that I'll be going there anytime soon. It's not, like, my dream vacation to go there, but I think it'd be fun for a day and a relatively inexpensive plane ticket.

But I wouldn't have wanted to leave the day after the Smelmooo got back from his California trip; and even though I found flights for less than $200, it's still a lot to drop on a 22-hour trip; and I have a big work thing tomorrow and I didn't want to worry about making it back in time and being tired from the plane. So I declined, and then I ended up being glad I declined because Sharico's school-night birthday party materialized and I wouldn't want to miss it.

But I'm still just a little jealous that Minnams is there without me, and felt so loved when one of the other people she's there with emailed me yesterday with a last-ditch, "Are you sureyou won't come?!"

But I'm glad I'm here; I have a big, much-needed chunk of time this morning to catch up on work, and I'm so happy that the Smelmooo is home (as is Tucker, who was all lovey-dovey with both of us this morning). Just sitting around and catching up and getting ready for work together made me so impossibly happy, and there was nowhere in the world I'd rather have been this morning.

1 Comments:

  • I am quite selfishly happy you did not go to Orlando since it means I get to see you. :) I've got no thrill rides planned, but I can promise some yummy Thai food!

    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home