tangentwoman

Friday, March 24, 2006

Trivial and unimportant

I'm currently, inexplicably fascinated by/obsessed with the following:

-- The whole Isaac Hayes/South Park thing. I thought it was fairly clear-cut: he left because of that episode that dissed Scientology, and then the show shot back and it was pretty awesome, end of story. But now I'm hearing that Isaac Hayes actually had a stroke and that's why he left, and that some other Scientology people actually put out a false statement attributed to Hayes. What? WHAT?! That is so crazy, and now I feel doubly bad for Isaac Hayes if this latest is true.

-- The revolving door of models on Deal or No Deal. I know, I know: there are so many things wrong with that sentence I don't even know where to start. But except for a few long-timers (Leyla, Donna), there's huge turnover. What happened to the Smelmooo's beloved Tameka (who we thought was in it for the long haul since she's the holder of Case #1 on the play-along-at-home segment) in the last episode?!

-- The wealth of incriminating information one can find on Friendster and MySpace. It's just startling to me how naked people will be when their moms or their third grade teachers or whoever can stumble across it and think worse of them.

-- The phrase, "Save the drama for your mama." Sharico's friend said it on Wednesday and I've been loving it ever since, although I've not really had an opportunity to use it, which is ultimately a good thing.

-- The You Tube web site, where you can find boatloads of clips, but my favorites are all these ones from Sesame Street, including ones I'd loved but forgotten, like The Alligator King and His Seven Sons; The Ladybug Picnic; Teeny Little Superguy; Lovely Eleven Morning; and R.E.M.'s "Furry Happy Monsters" segment. And, oh my goodness, some guy's home movie of himself doing Captain Vegetable! That's kind of awesome. And it's always good to stumble upon someone even weirder than I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home