tangentwoman

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A shout-out to ArtieLange

On Friday night, I accompanied the Smelmooo to another of his work events, which I'm minding less as I get to know more people and actually remember more of their names and personal tidbits. Last year, around the third work event in probably four weeks, I found myself on the verge of giving an, "Oh, really? Tell me more!" to a guy who'd told me two weeks before, in great detail, about his recent visit to Australia and New Zealand, but I'd totally forgotten it was the same guy. I kind of can't believe the Smelmooo will still take me anywhere, for fear I'll make him look bad, but I'm trying to do him proud.

Anyway, the Friday dinner was especially huge, about 250 people, and I was thrilled that some of our actual friends (Tommy D, start a blog so I can link to you, please!) were in attendance, in addition to strict work acquaintances. Among them was ArtieLange, who I think I've only met once in person before, but whose blog I'd been enjoying (and then missing, because he hasn't posted in like a month). So we got to talking, and he told me he wasn't interested in blogging anymore, so I agreed to allow him guest spots here if he ever feels compelled to write.

And I'll make good on that offer if he wants to take me up on it, but I think that I let him off too easily, and that I should somehow convince him to continue his own blog. So tell Artie if you like his writing, and keep the pressure on him.

Otherwise, I have some good blackmail material, provided the Smelmooo kept his voicemail messages from Sunday, so there's still hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home