tangentwoman

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Random thoughts on...it's only Wednesday?!

-- I was saddened that my local Scoop Shop didn't participate in yesterday's Free Cone Day, an event I always enjoy enormously. The shop right across the street from my office didn't participate this year because the little shopping center they're in isn't doing much business these days, and they didn't think it'd be worth it to do Free Cone Day with so few people around. On the flipside, the Smelmooo was in D.C. yesterday, and the Ben & Jerry's in Union Station and the one by his hotel were both so packed that he didn't bother getting a cone. Somewhere in the land, there must be a happy medium.

-- I think it's weird that last night's Gilmore Girls made a big to-do about Logan being at Columbia-Presbyterian, but the exterior shot of the hospital -- to me, anyway -- looked nothing like Columbia-Presbyterian. I know it's been a couple of years since I was taking classes up there, but last I checked there's not a traffic light right outside, and the building's not that color. Maybe there's a secret entrance somewhere that I don't know about.

-- I'm happy to see the sunshine again, but now that the rain's gone, my allergies are driving me batty.

-- Babies, babies everwhere. Three women at work are pregnant, two women at work have newborns, a good friend of the Smelmooo's and his wife are expecting, Jenny-from-Africa's due any day now, and I just found out that a guy from the dramatic-love-quadrangle-of-my-late-adolescence is a new dad. That last one is very weird, because I think the last time I saw this guy, we were 19 and he was kind of a screw-up, so it's nice to see that he has gotten it together and seems really happy.

-- Speaking of dramatic love-quadrangles, I'm fascinated by this Denise Richards-Richie Sambora hook-up. So scandalous!

-- Back to Jenny-from-Africa, she sent me an orchid plant yesterday, just because. Which is so her, and so not me, just to send a friend a nice gift out of the blue. Or maybe it's just a ninth-month-of-pregnancy-retail-therapy-because-I-can't-do-much-else thing, but either way it was lovely and it made my day, especially because the Smelmooo was gone and I was feeling sorry for myself.

-- I just saw a really cool job opening in Nairobi, which is where Jenny-from-Africa and her family land next. For a split second, I wondered whether the Smelmooo, Tucker and I could pick up and spend the next two years in Africa, but I realize that this isn't a particularly viable option for us. But it's fun to daydream about for a few minutes.

1 Comments:

  • Speaking of the very good friend of Smelmooo whose wife is pregnant... This year I will be attending 7 first birthday parties and have 6 friends who are pregnant. I guess we are at the baby boom age.

    I look forward to your blogs tangentwoman.

    By Blogger Carrie, at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home