tangentwoman

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Good news!

That's all I can think, anyway, if you follow the cliche that no news equals good news. Because on my way home from work yesterday, this was the breathless teaser I heard for Channel 7 Eyewitness News (during February sweeps, mind you):

"Seven on Your Side with the real scoop on soup! What are you really getting when you order the bowl instead of the cup?!"

This, during February sweeps.

Granted, from the station's web site, it doesn't look as though they spent a lot of time on this story, and it's basically just another indictment of Quiznos (I have really mixed feelings about Quiznos; I love the food, but hear so many bad stories about how they screw the people who own their franchises, and then they go on Ellen and give away a franchise or two -- I can only assume to repair the tarnished image -- and I worry that Ellen will go down with them a la Oprah and James Frey, and I just can't imagine Ellen bringing the Quiznos CEO onto her show and telling him he disappointed her).

But again, good news, because usually the exposes on restaurants during Sweeps are more about "You'll never guess what's living in your soup bowl!!" or something along those lines, so part of me is grateful that they were only able to dig up something this lame. And, I have to admit, I will now always opt for the cup of chicken-corn-chowder if I go to Quiznos, so maybe Seven really is on my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home