tangentwoman

Monday, October 17, 2005

Fashion plate

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not so much about the fashion. I sort of half-know what's trendy, and who the hot designers are, but this knowledge doesn't really translate into my actually incorporating good fashion sense into my own wardrobe. I don't generally look awful or anything, but I'm not a big shopper -- even though I super-love fall clothes, in particular -- and I'm pretty much content to wear the same thing, or the same style, fairly regularly. I think I'm like a 5 -- not offensive, but not impressive.

Except when my mom buys me clothes.

Somehow, Millie always manages to find me work clothes that people love, love, love on me, even if I myself am not too sure about them. For my birthday last month, my mom gave me a Michael Kors jacket (me to Minnams: "Michael Kors -- that's, like, a designer guy, right?) from Marshalls, about which I was totally uncertain, but Minnams told me it'd be good, so I wore it to work last week, and got a gazillion compliments.

And then, today, I wore the other birthday gift from Millie, a blue turtleneck sweater that -- as literally five people pointed out -- makes my eyes "pop" (which sounds a little creepy, actually). So, there you go. Two for two.

I told Millie all of this on the phone earlier; she replied, "I think it's because I think you're cuter than you think you are."

I love my mom.

2 Comments:

  • It was not just a BLUE turtleneck sweater. It was a blue-green turtleneck sweater, the exact vibrant shade of the blue-green crayon in the Crayola set, and I say this because if I described it as "teal" that would make everyone go "ick" and think of ugly bridesmaids' dresses when really it was a lovely color. And it was really, really flattering on Ms. Tangentwoman because the color did things for her hair and eyes and skin. Go-o-o-o Millie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

  • My mom once got me a sweater with a soccer ball embroidered on it. It did nothing for my eyes. Do you think we could get Millie to go shopping with her?

    -Shari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home