tangentwoman

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I should go on hiatus more often

So I haven't posted recently, because I've been sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth in the fetal position, muttering the A-Team theme song, for obvious reasons.

Actually, although that's almost true, my lack of posting is more strongly correlated with my being (a) uninspired and (b) busy running around at home and at work. We hosted some fun barbecues this weekend, and saw a neat production of Miss Saigon at a Plays in the Park production, which you can't beat. If you live in Central Jersey, you must go to one of these; five bucks and a lawn chair, plus three bucks for a giant, perfect hot pretzel, and you're golden.

Anyway, I thought that my lack of updating the blog would go largely unnoticed, but I received an email today from Bowman that made me laugh (as do most things from Bowman) and was just the impetus I needed to get moving. Bowman gave me permission to post his email below:


-----Original Message-----
From: Bowman
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 3:47 PM
To: tangentwoman
Subject: Why oh why

I sit here dawdling away, growing older as I watch the hours slip away (sometimes immeasurably slowly). My typical day includes making sure 115 children are properly supervised and entertained throughout a camp day which sometimes takes me to places that aren't on my favorites list, such as dealing with ignorant parents and whiny children. Occasionally I get some ray of sunshine which allows me to go to the pool with the groups to lay out in the sun and gawk from behind darkened sunglasses but usually I am stuck in this drab brick and mortar establishment where the on-going construction plays havoc with me by unleashing a variety of inhalents, chemicals and assorted microorganisms to launch an assault on my sinus cavity causing sniffles, sneezes, runny noses, water eyes and the like.

But the one thing that invariably helps me get through my day is reading witty and entertaining blogs on a variety of topics. Smelmooo spoils me with almost daily blogged material, especially the guest blogs and the TFTs. However, I have recently become hooked on the superb blogging of Tangent Woman, or tangentwoman as it may be. I enjoy the high quality of writing and the funny, witty topics as they serve to help break up my day. So that leads me to the conclusion of this long and drawn out email.... WHY, OH WHY, has there been no update since Thursday's marvelous A-team themed blog? Please bring it back as often as possible. When there's no blog, it's like telling the kids that there's no Santa Claus.

Have a good day,
Bowman

1 Comments:

  • I have to agree. It's nice to read someone who can eloquently string words into a proper sentence. You and the 'mooo keep me entertained.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home