tangentwoman

Friday, June 17, 2005

Field Day

Not to be confused with the field trip I wrote about a couple of weeks ago...

Today was my workplace's annual Olympics. I normally object to this sort of thing -- I much preferred when we had a picnic day for staff and their families on a Saturday as our summer gathering -- but I felt a weird sort of obligation to participate, largely because so many other people bailed.

I had planned to sign up for the wheelbarrow race, but apparently they scratched that event this year because of injuries last year (same goes for the standard relay). I ended up doing the first leg of the potato sack race, and I kicked ass! Our team came in first (and wound up with the silver overall).

I was really athletic in my early days, so through about fourth grade I always won the events during field day, but it was pretty much downhill after middle school (as anyone who participated in the flag football game on the Smelmooo's birfday can attest), so I have to admit it was fun to excel in the sack race as an adult. It's the little things, really...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home