tangentwoman

Friday, July 15, 2005

A child unlike other girls

I heard that the actress who played Vicki the Robot on Small Wonder died of a drug overdose. True? Urban legend, like Cindy Brady dying in a car crash back in the '80s?

That was such an awful show, but every time I think of Edie McClurg I envision her as Mrs. Poole.

WAIT. I've been wrong, all these years. She was Mrs. Poole on the Hogan Family, not on Small Wonder. But it's basically the same character, right? Nosy neighbor with the funny voice? No?

I told you it's not my day.

3 Comments:

  • That is truly disturbing, I used to love that show. I checked out the link on IMDB and was fascinated to see that Miss Sharon Chursky (aka Devon Odessa)was a regular on the show. I may just need to watch it again. Also, Edie McClurg was a nosy neighbor, she just wasn't as nosy as her annoying daughter Harriet, that ugly redhead who had a crush on Jamie. I always picture McClurg as either Mrs. Poole, or Mr. Rooney's secretary in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Heh.
    -Shari

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 AM  

  • This ought to please you two.

    http://members.surfbest.net/smallwonder@surfbest.net/SWonTV/TiffanyFanClub.html

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 3:11 PM  

  • You should join this group and I hope this will end it all:

    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/VICI

    This is the official Small Wonder board on Yahoo.

    By Blogger Kevin Havens and Kathryn Gage (Havens, at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home