tangentwoman

Monday, March 07, 2011

Minor rant

I took the redeye home on Friday from a conference in Los Angeles (where it was cold and drizzly, until I was en route to the airport home, but where I had delicious wine and some good conversations and ate extraordinarily delicious comfort food at Wolfgang Puck's), which always puts me out of sorts I slept a ton this weekend, but today I've been feeling nauseated and chilly and off, and I'm not sure what's happening, but it's all making me a bit cranky. Mostly, I'm cranky with people who make it harder to do my job, including:

- the consultants who continually suggest improvements to the language we use on our website, to "punch it up." This would normally be a good thing - a firm that takes initiative! - but they keep suggesting we say things that aren't true. And then I have to explain, yes, that sounds great, but above all else I actually care about our credibility more than our web stats, and are we really having this conversation AGAIN?!

- the same firm routinely changes the language on the live site, then asks for feedback (but never actually cops to doing so). Again, really? Again, we're having this conversation?

- I cannot take your line edits seriously when you keep using the word "sentance."

That is all for now, although I will add that I hate the article in today's New York Times telling me about how all the BART trains in San Francisco are crawling with MRSA and other grody bugs, because I can't stop thinking about it, and what might be infecting the public places I frequent.

{Shudder}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home