tangentwoman

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Man, I am OLD

Set aside for the moment that a gazillion things have happened since I last wrote, including a job change. I'll get to that, maybe, eventually. In the meantime, an actual conversation as I waited for a staff meeting to get started today:

Co-Worker #1: I got engaged this weekend!

Someone: Who's the lucky guy?

C-W #1: You know, it's all been very "When Harry Met Sally," you know? We kind of dated, we were friends, and all of a sudden we realized we're soulmates, and we're getting married!"

Co-Worker #2: That movie's before my time.

Me, incredulous: What do you mean? That movie came out in, like, the late '80s.

C-W #2: Yeah, I was born in 1987.

Me: [stunned silence, mouth hanging open.] YOU WERE BORN IN NINETEEN EIGHTY-SEVEN????

I am officially old. Better than the alternative, I guess.

3 Comments:

  • Just remember, Brian is always older.

    By Blogger mickeyg, at 7:57 PM  

  • Mickeyg sucks it.

    By Blogger Smelmooo, at 8:11 PM  

  • Hey, CW#2, does that mean you can't watch a film made before your birthdate? I understood your "before my time" comment to be an ego-driven plea for attention. "Look how young I am! Give ME the attention, not CW#1!"

    Good thing you aren't applying for a job with TW, because I would emphatically urge her to throw your resume in the "no chance pile." But since you are already employed, I would suggest you get your 23-year old, firm ass online or in front of a TV and watch Harry Met Sally.

    Before my time. Sheesh!

    By Blogger ArtieLange, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home